Tuesday, November 24, 2009

To Turkey Trot!


I've decided to go ahead and run in the San Dimas Turkey Trot 10K this coming Saturday.  I've been wanting to do another 10K for a while now.  The last one I ran was last May and I just want to see if I can run it faster now.  Also, I normally take my son to piano classes on Saturday mornings but this weekend they are off because of the Thanksgiving weekend so that gave me that window of opportunity to join this race.

And another plus, my wife and I have our date night scheduled for Saturday also so even more good things to look forward to.  Probably will do dinner and a movie.  We'll be watching The Blind Side which seems to be a pretty good movie.  Can't wait to see it!

And one last shout out goes to NBC news anchorman, Chris Schauble, for completing his first Ironman this past weekend.  This consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 miles on bike, and a full marathon (26.2 mile run!!).  That is some serious endurance and I can only dream of doing that one day.  I think for now, I set my sights on doing a full marathon sometime next year.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Good luck with your 10k on Saturday. Have fun on your date as well. lol. Let me know how the movie fares out. Ive been interested in that one. Have Fun and....................Keep Running!

    ReplyDelete