Monday, December 7, 2009

2010 Races

I've been trying to plan what races I'll be doing next year.  This is what I have so far:

02/07/2010 - Surf City Half Marathon
This is the race I am currently training for.  I have a lot of friends running in this race and I'm excited about this one.  My wife will also be running her first half marathon at this race so I'm really excited for her! When I started seeing some of my Facebook friends posting about running in this race last year, this is what sparked my initial interest in running and now a year later I'll actually be a participant in it.

04/10/2010 - Seal Beach 10K
I want to run this again because this was the first ever race I participated in in and will likely make it an annual event from now on.   I'll have about a year's worth of experience under my belt by then so I'm hoping I'll have a much better time.  This one will have to definitely be under 1:00.

05/02/2010 - Orange County Half Marathon (or possibly Marathon!)
This is on the same day as the PCRF Cinco de Mayo Reaching for the Cure races in Irvine.  I raced in the 10K in 2009 for that one but in 2010 I want to check out the Orange County Half Marathon and am seriously considering maybe trying the marathon.  It will depend on how I feel after Surf City and whether I think I'll have enough time to train for the marathon.  But for sure, I'll be doing the half marathon at least.

09/05/2010 - Disneyland Half Marathon
I had fun running in this race in 2009 despite how crowded it was.  The atmosphere was great and I'm planning on doing it again in 2010.  My wife will probably be running with me at this one this year which will be cool!

10/17/2010 - Long Beach Half Marathon (or Marathon)
Not 100% I'll be doing this one but I'm putting it on my plan for next year anyway.  If I don't do the Orange County Marathon in May, then I'll set my sights on running in the Long Beach Marathon instead.

11/27/2010 - San Dimas Turkey Trot 10K
This is a nice little turkey trot close to home so I'll plan on doing it again in 2010.

That looks like a pretty decent schedule to me.  Really looking forward to a great 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Great Post man,
    Looks like you have your year planned. I will be doing my first Half next year. I havent looked up any races yet. I just know I am doing one. Im building up my base now. (losing weight too. lol) Good luck with the Feb half and I wish you success with your training. Keep it up. Also your wife too. Keep Running

    ReplyDelete