Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tempo

Seemed like it has been a while since I had last run outside (it's probably because it HAS been a while).  My last run outside was last Saturday morning and I had a short run earlier this week that was done on a treadmill at the gym.

It was good to get out early and not be dark for a change.  It was pretty overcast and foggy this morning but didn't seem as cold as it had been in previous weeks.  All in all, it was good to get out and do my short tempo run (warmup, 3 tempo miles, and warmdown).

Splits:
1 - 10:51
2 - 10:07
3 - 9:54
4 - 9:59
5 - 11:31

The first tempo mile was done without looking at my watch so I was off on the slow side.   I did better on the next couple miles after that.  Next run will be Saturday morning (7 miles).  I'm looking forward to it.

On some unrelated topics... on my run this morning, I saw a high school kid going to school on a Segway.  I was thinking, "Wow, really?!?".  Even if I had one, not sure I'd be taking that to go to school.  Also, yesterday had some conversation on twitter regarding Nutella and couple people talking about how good it was.  I was curious and since I had to go too the grocery yesterday evening, I bought a jar and tried some last night.  That stuff is oh so yummy!  I think it's the same stuff they put inside those Ferrer Rocher chocolates (maybe?).

NOTE:  I just did a quick google on Ferrer Rocher and found on wikipedia that it's the same producer that makes both Ferrer Rocher and Nutella.  I knew it tasted familiar!

No comments:

Post a Comment