Wednesday, February 3, 2010

4 Days Until Surf City!

I can't believe it's only 4 more days until Surf City!  I'll be running the half marathon and I feel like I'm ready.  I'm sure I'll be able to beat my only other half marathon time (which was 2:46) because this time I'll be healthier and not having to deal with the ITBS like at the Disneyland half last September.  My goal is to finish about 2:15 - 2:20 this time.  I'm going to do my best to take pictures and some video during the race because it should be a fun one.  Just hoping it doesn't rain!

Right now the forecast for Sunday is 10% chance of rain and temperature looking to be around the 50's at the start.  That's pretty promising.  I'll take it!

Unfortunately, two of my running buddies are probably not going to be able to run on Sunday (or perhaps maybe do a lot of walking?).  One has achilles tendonitis that has hampered his training and I don't think has gotten much better.   The other has a bulging disk in his neck that's causing pain when he attempts to run.  So, not sure what they can do about their registration fee.  It's a lot of money and it's unfortunate they're not going to be able to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment